Is it difficult to start your task early than your deadline? Students often procrastinate or show no interest in such assignment that may get you off guard. The moment they see something difficult to handle they usually give up.
This is the story of all those students out there who think assignments are burden and pilled of trash that make their grades suffered. I used to think that too. But things get pretty under controlled when I understand the main crust of the essays or assignment given.
I got to know the three main points of writing a perfect essay, mostly writing basically means having good skills in English language. This does not mean you cannot write well.
- Making a draft
If you understand these three elements in every writing course, there will be no problem to construct an essay.
The most frequent question every student need to know the answer of…..
Basically this question was suggested by me. I did not understand the purpose of writing big, big paragraphs it’s useless. But time to time I realized the importance after I got my career started.
- First of all, the writing helps you fill the gap of areas you are not aware of, and clarify your points or opinions regarding the subject.
- Helps you try out the power of freedom of speech, analysis and make expression meaningful to get the writers and yourself in the same page.
- To build up ideas and creativity for communication and writing
Well, there are many students problems throughout the semester till the graduation date. So, there problems will never ever be constant but become a huge mountain time to time. The main issue comes when writing an essay, it’s never perfectly constructed. More the essays a student have the worst problems occurs.
- First thing first, the topic is not understandable and how to unfold those ideas into meaning is difficult
- Missing out the proper thesis statement and topic sentence
- The words displayed do not have the proper string to tie the sentence together
- The challenging phase is when you need to conclude the thesis statement
Now let’s start with planning your essay as to avoid these problems once in for all.
Through my personal experience I always believed being prepared for every consequences is a good strategy to tackle possible problems within a second. So, now the strategy will be implemented in this context too. Planning each idea beforehand will help you each time you write something.
I will be guiding you to step by step how to correct your unhealthy habits however, there is a chance that it might suit your writing tone or not.
Students on the other hand, do not pay attention to planning or outline the ideas they think it is time consuming. They start researching directly without understanding the topic and begin writing down the essay.
Whenever you write something whether it is a blog, assignment or essay, first check the given question. This phase is also called the neglected phase that is being ignored in the beginning which becomes a problem already.
The best tip: just come close to the topic and talk to it. Really I not kidding students! Talking to it and making discussion on the basis of the answer you get is what you have to go for.
See if the topic is talking about argumentative essay topics or informative, is it describing something you need to figure out. If the topic is boarder or have many aspect to talk about then it is up to you which context you want to focus on.
Gathering all the points discussed above you, spread all your understanding and convert it into ideas, jot down those ideas into points inside a spiders web.
Why am I calling it a spider web…. Well, the mind mapping is structured in a fish shape, spider or a tunnel shaped timeline mind map.
For instance, this is given below.
The maps defined by the writer doesn’t mean to just create an extraordinary diagram but to select the words that directly influence the readers and make them analysis the background information correctly.
- Remember, when writing thesis statement try avoiding points however, make it into a sentence. This will make it easier to analysis what exactly your idea of doing all the writing is.
- Secondly, the statement you have raised will have some proven claims or agenda to define them in details. So, through facts and figures you can explains how the statement is raised in the first place.
- Now is the time to draw conclusion of whatever discussed and end the claim into an actionable solution.
The map you have drawn is not rigid it can be mold through words being played with further ideas. This brain storming activity will definitely give you a logical reasoning and answerable facts of what to present in the essay.
Obviously, before checking out the topic, to understanding the main purpose of it you must have done some research. Intensive research is mandatory, but do not make it so intensive that it take you to the whole different world. Engage yourself with your given topic, you do not need to add every single information or an off topic element to make it attractive.
Most important thing to keep in mind whatever source you get help from need to be stored in any file or diary for references. Keep track of it till you finalized the essay for proofreading.
The above mind map you have made now is the time to flush out the irrelevant points that was first just an idea before a research.
Do not confuse yourself with why we need to again jot down points when we have already done it. The previously brain storming activity was just to give an idea of what exactly has to be done before research.
Now the research is done you got more ideas to add on your mind map, remove the ones that are not relatable enough. Group the ideas into specific argument that can be helpful in debating. What are those counter arguments and sort out those arguments that are essential for the essay.
The brain storming finalized was just for understanding you need to incorporate those points or counter arguments into sentences. How those facts and figures interlink to the argument placed in the essay. The draft you will make must have the points arranged in an order to not get confused what comes first and what next.
The rules you must have heard a lot, but had the time to check the main purpose of it. I will not go into details into what those three rules indicate.
Obviously each of you have clear idea first is the introduction that is beginning of the paragraph, second body paragraph that is the major point that correlate first paragraph to other body sentences.
Thirdly, conclusion that list down all the possible reasons to end the point into logical finish line. Wrap up all the statements and claims described above.
Lastly, try to add the references section which will help the readers identify authenticity and credibility of the research done. If you want to understand how those references are done try reading my recent blog click here for information.
Key points to ponder while structuring an essay….
- Collect the similar key points, divide in every paragraph given. Do not put all the ideas into one paragraph
- Line spacing needs to be done, every paragraph should be differentiated
- Do not forget the sequence that has been explained above.
- Make use of transition words or phrases to such as although, consequently and perhaps etc..
- Do not hinder the flow of readability should be logical enough to define each reasoning. The points need to look like progressive not mismatched.
Whether you are writing an informative essay or any other type of them you try to plan those tips and make it creative enough to make readers attractive. It Is up to you if it will suit your writing style or not. Or want to initiate a different strategy for the essay to look professional and give a good impression to the teacher.